EXAMPLE 7: Repaired Stuck Plunger
The cleanout piston in this Cannon FPLHP-18 mix head became scored and could no longer be retracted hydraulically. Inspection revealed the pour piston also was out of tolerance.
What we did:
- Disassembled, cleaned and inspected the mix head.
- Manufactured new cleanout and pour pistons.
- Resized the mixhead block piston chambers to match the new pistons.
- Applied a new finish coat.
- Reassembled the mix head with new seals.
- Hydraulically tested the mixing head to ensure that the seals held pressure and the new pistons operated correctly.