EXAMPLE 4: Ended Pigment Migration
This Cannon FPLHP-14 mix head was allowing pigment to migrate around the pour piston, clogging the orifice with reacted material. Inspection revealed the cleanout piston was out of tolerance.
What we did:
- Disassembled, cleaned and inspected the mix head.
- Manufactured a new cleanout piston to the correct tolerance.
- Applied a new finish coat.
- Reassembled the mix head with new seals.
- Hydraulically tested the mix head to ensure that the new seals held pressure without leakage.
- Tested the block and pour piston to ensure that there were no migration or cross-over problems.