EXAMPLE 3: Repair Mix Head Plungers
The cleanout piston in this Cannon mix head became stuck and could no longer be retracted hydraulically. Inspection revealed that both the cleanout piston and nozzle were scored. The pour piston also was out of tolerance.
What we did:
- Disassembled, cleaned and inspected the mix head.
- Manufactured new cleanout piston, pour piston and nozzle.
- Resized the mixhead block piston chambers to match the new pistons.
- Applied a new finish coat.
- Reassembled the mix head with new seals.
- Hydraulically tested the head to ensure that the seals held pressure and the new pistons operated correctly.