EXAMPLE 2: Added Spacer to Reduce Hydraulic System Contamination
Reacted polyurethane foam kept contaminating the hydraulic lines connected to this Krauss-Maffei mix head, fouling the hydraulic filters and pump.
What we did:
- Disassembled, cleaned and inspected the mix head.
- Manufactured a new cleanout piston and a spacer, which isolated the mixhead hydraulic lines from the chemicals.
- Added the spacer and resized the cleanout piston chamber to match the new plunger.
- Reassembled the mix head with new seals.
- Hydraulically tested the mixing head to ensure that the new seals held pressure and the pistons operated correctly without contaminating the hydraulic system.