Optimize production and save money with
PPI high quality, low cost mix head repairs.
We can help you get the most out of your process by giving new life to your old mix heads. Repairing or rebuilding a used polyurethane foam mix head can cost far less than buying a new one. It also offers the opportunity to upgrade to higher quality components or to newer technology that will satisfy changing production requirements.
We repair many major mixhead brands, including Admiral, Cannon, Gusmer, Hi-Tech, Krauss-Maffei, Linden, MHR and OMS.
Mix head repair services include:
- Seal replacements and upgrades
- Orifice, needle, nozzle or injector replacement and upgrades
- Carbide-tipped needle repair
- Piston (rod or plunger) replacements
- Spacer (isolation chamber) design and installation
- Component replacements and upgrades
- New technology design and installation
- Complete rebuilds with improved or standard components
Signs That a Mix Head Needs Repair
A mix head kept too long in service without inspection and repair can cause foaming within lines and components and costly downtime.
Many signs of mix head failure are unmistakable. Cross contamination of chemical and hydraulic lines. Oil and chemical leaks from nozzles. Sticking or broken pistons.
Other signs are less obvious. Failing or incorrectly applied mix head components can cause other process problems, such as inconsistent operating pressures, chemical waste and high scrap rates. Our process experts can help you determine whether a mix head is causing your production problems.
The Mix Head Repair Process
Once we receive your used mix head, our trained technicians disassemble, clean and assess its condition. If you have requested component or technology upgrades, our polyurethane process experts will work directly with you to determine the most cost-effective way to attain the mix head performance you need.
After this analysis is complete, we will fax or e-mail a written mix head repair quote to you, along with an estimate of the time it will take to complete the repairs. Work begins as soon as we receive your purchase order.
Our standard mix head repair service includes:
- Complete disassembly and cleaning of the mix head
- Inspection of all potential wear points and parts
- Replacement or repair of worn or damaged parts
- Reassembly of the mix head with new seals sized to match any new or repaired components
- Complete hydraulic testing of each mix head to ensure seal and piston performance.
Used Mixhead Repair Warranty
We’re so confident in the quality of our repair services, we offer the best used mix head repair warranty in the industry.
Polyurethane Process Industries warrants a repaired mix head to be free from defects in workmanship and new materials used in the repair for 50,000 shots or six months from the date of shipment, whichever comes first. The warranty is limited to completed repairs and excludes normal maintenance items, not limited to, but including orifices and needles.